Listen to Audio We all love to capture and store photos on our Android devices. But what if on one fine day you discover that your favorite photos are gone Continue Reading
Listen to Audio
We all love to capture and store photos on our Android devices. But what if on one fine day you discover that your favorite photos are gone from your Android’s gallery. Or you have accidentally deleted one of your favorite photos. How painful it can be. But fortunately, this situation can be handled if you know how to recover deleted photos from the Android gallery.
In this article, we will be discussing 3 easy ways that will help you to recover your deleted photos from Android. So without further ado let’s start.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Android Gallery via Google Photos
If you have an Android device then it is quite possible that you have Google Photos app installed on it by default. And if you have the “backup & sync” feature of Photos app enabled on the Android device then you can find all the photos stored on your device synced on Google Photos. Now once you find all your pictures on Google Photos you can easily recover them back to your device by following the steps below:
- Tap on the Google Photos app icon to open the app.
- Now tap on the Library option located at the right bottom side of the app.
- Click on the Trash icon. Every image that you see in the Trash can be recovered. The deleted images remain in the Trash for 60 days before they are permanently deleted.
- Touch and hold the deleted photo. Now tap on the Restore option located at the bottom right corner of the app. Tap on the Restore option when you again get the prompt.
- The image will be restored back to Android gallery.
If you have backed up your images to Google Photos and deleted them from your device to save space then also you can restore them back by following the steps below:
- Open Google Photos by tapping on its icon on your device.
- Now, tap on the image that you wish to restore back. This will also open the image. Next tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the image.
- You will now find different options. From those options select the Download option, this will download that image back to your device.
Note: You will not find that option if the image already exists on your device.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on Android Gallery using Google Drive
Google Drive is another cloud backup solution that if you use regularly to backup your data(including photos) can help you to recover deleted photos on Android. You can either use the Google Drive app to restore the deleted photo or use it directly on your computer. To do so follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the Google Drive icon on your device to open the app.
- If you are not already signed in then sign in with the same account that you used to backup your data(photos).
- Once you signed in you can see all the photos that you have backed up on the drive.
- Now select the photos you wish to restore and download them to your device by tapping on the Download option
Recover Deleted Photos on Android Using an App
So, if you haven’t backed up your photos using Google Drive or you are not using Google Photos app to sync and backup your photos then the above-listed steps will not be of great help for you. In such a situation you need an Android app that can help you in recovering all the deleted photos from Android. If you look around the web then you will find a number of apps that promise to recover deleted photos, however, based on our test results Photos Recovery app developed by Systweak Software delivers the best results.
This amazing app is one of the most advanced tools that helps you to recover deleted photos not only from the external memory but also from the internal memory.
To recover deleted photos from Android using Photos Recovery App follow the steps given below:
- Open Play Store and search for Photos Recovery app by Systweak Software. Once you find the app tap on the install button to install the app on your device.
- After you have installed the app you will find the app icon on your device. Tap on it to open the app and tap on the Start Scan button to start the scan. Provide access permission when requested.
- The app will now thoroughly look for all the deleted photos in your internal and external storage (in case you are using an SD card).
- Although the scanning is fast, it still depends on the storage of your device.
- Now, after the completion of scan, the app will show you a list of all the deleted photos( thumbnails). You have an option to view each image before restoring it.
So folks this is all from our side. We hope that the above steps help you to recover all your deleted photos from your Android device.