Listen to Audio You were making space on your computer by deleting the old and unused files. But accidentally you deleted one of your important videos. You will be left Continue Reading
Listen to Audio
You were making space on your computer by deleting the old and unused files. But accidentally you deleted one of your important videos. You will be left in despair as you feel that the video is now gone and you can’t get it back. But is it true?
Obviously not, as in this article, we will discuss 3 different ways to recover deleted videos from your PC. So, without further delay, let’s start.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Videos from Recycle Bin
Before checking out for any of the methods to recover deleted files from your computer, first, look out for the files in the Recycle Bin of your computer. So if you have moved the files to Windows trash i.e. Recycle Bin and didn’t emptied it yet then just navigate to the Recycle Bin and recover your deleted files.
To recover deleted files from your computer follow these steps:
- Locate the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop of your computer and double-click on it. This will open the Recycle Bin, and here you can see all your deleted photos, videos, and other files.
- Now select the file that you want to recover, right-click on it, and from the menu that populates, click on the Restore option.
- The file will now be moved to its original location. If you wish to restore the files to some other location, other than the original location then select the option Cut instead of Restore, and then paste it in your preferred location.
Method 2: Use Video Recovery Software to Recover Deleted Videos
You have checked for the deleted videos in the Recycle Bin, but you didn’t find them there. This may be because of two reasons, either you have deleted them permanently(i.e. Pressing Shift+Del button) or you have emptied the Recycle Bin. For both the cases, you need dedicated video recovery software that can help you in getting back your permanently deleted videos as well.
When you check for video recovery software on the Internet, then you may get confused with lots of available options. Therefore, based on our research, we recommend Advanced Disk Recovery is a great tool to recover all the deleted videos and other files from your computer within a few minutes. And what more, this tool even helps you to recover accidentally deleted files from your external hard drive, memory card and other storage devices. Isn’t it amazing?
So without further ado, let’s check out how to use this tool to recover your files.
Step 1: Firstly, download the latest version of Advanced Disk Recovery on your machine. Once downloaded, double click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the product. The installation of the product is extremely easy and is the same as it would be for any other application. And once the product is installed, you will find its icon on the desktop of your computer.
Step 2: Next double click on Advanced Disk Recovery icon to launch the program. After that choose the location on your hard drive to scan for the deleted videos. You can even add the entire drive to scan.
Step 3: Once you have added the path, select the type of scan you wish to perform. Here, the product will provide you two options, Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Now, since the Deep scan does a thorough scan of every nook and corner of your hard drive, therefore we recommend you to select Deep Scan. After you have selected the scan click on the Scan now button to start the scan.
Step 4: The product will now start scanning the path/location for deleted files and within a few minutes will show you all your deleted files. Now, go through the entire list and select the files that you wish to recover. You can also preview the files before recovering them.
Step 5: Once satisfied with the available result, click on the Recover button and set the desired location where you want to save your recovered files, and click on OK.
Note: It is highly recommended that the location that you select should be different from the one from which you are recovering your deleted files. For optimal results, you can even choose an external drive to save the files.
You will be surprised to see how easily Advanced Disk Recovery has recovered all your deleted files effortlessly within a few minutes.
Method 3: Recover your Lost Files from Windows Backup
Now, although it is highly recommended to use video recovery software to recover deleted videos, still not every one of us wants to use a third-party program. For all such users, there is an inbuilt feature of Windows, known as Backup and Restore to get the lost files. And no matter if you are using Windows 7, 8, or 10, this feature is available and works for all these versions of Windows.
To recover deleted files using Windows Backup and Restore feature follow the steps given below:
- On the lower-left corner of your screen, click on the Windows Start button. Now in the Windows Search bar type Control Panel and press the Enter key. This will open the Control Panel.
- Once you are in the Control Panel, click on the arrow next to View by and select Small icons from the drop-down menu. Now click on the Backup and Restore option.
- On the Backup and Restore window that opens, click on the Restore my files button located in the right panel. Now start following the onscreen instructions to recover the deleted files. Do not find a Restore my files button on the right panel. No worry, just click on the option, “Select another backup to restore files from”.
- Now on the subsequent screen, click on the backup that is available. Select the backup from the list and click on the Next button to proceed. After that, you have to just follow the onscreen instructions to restore your backup.
If you are using Windows 10, then you can use another Windows 10 inbuilt feature, i.e. File History. This feature will also allow you to recover your deleted files. Let’s check out how to use this feature:
- Click on the Windows Start button and on the Windows Search type File History > File History folder.
- Now in the search bar located at the top type a few characters of the file that you are looking for and press the Enter key. Now select your file and click on Restore.
- That’s it. This will restore your file to the location on which it was present initially.
So, folks, we hope that the above article has helped you in recovering all your accidentally deleted videos back. Also, we recommend you to use video recovery software instead of manual methods as the results produced by recovery software are far better than manual methods.